Grifols Corporate Website Privacy Notice

1. Who is the data controller?
The data controller is the Grifols' group company to which you have submitted the request and which is clearly identified on the form intended for that purpose ("Grifols").

2. Who is the data protection officer of Grifols and how can I contact him/her?
The data protection officer acts as an interlocutor between Grifols and you in order to ensure Grifols' compliance with the data protection legislation and guarantee your rights under such legislation. You may contact the data protection officer at the following address

3. How Grifols uses your personal data?
Grifols uses your personal data to respond your requests of information and/or suggestions made through the different available means of the website, unless otherwise indicated.

4. Why does Grifols use your personal data?
The legal basis that allows Grifols to process your personal data is:

(a)  the consent you have given through the form available on the website.
(b) the legitimate interest of Grifols in communicating your personal data to the

Grifols' group company(ies) that may be in the best position to respond your request of information and/or suggestion. 
We understand that this legitimate interest, on which Grifols bases the processing of your data, does not infringe your fundamental rights and freedoms since the personal data are processed incidentally and as part of the daily activities of a multinational group of companies. In any case, you may exercise your right to object by addressing such request to

5. How long Grifols will retain your personal data?

Right     Content


You may access your data included in Grifols' files.


You may modify your personal data if these are inaccurate.


You may request that your personal data are erased.


You may request that your personal data are not processed.


You may receive, in an electronic file, the personal data that you provided Grifols with, as well as send it to different entities.

Restriction of processing

You may request a restriction on how your data is processed when:

  • the accuracy of your personal data is being verified after you have contested its accuracy,
  • processing of your data is illegal and you oppose to the erasure of your data,
  • Grifols does no longer need the personal data for the purposes of the processing, but they are required by you for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims,
  • you have objected to the processing for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or necessary for the purposes of a legitimate interest, whilst it is being verified whether the legitimate grounds of Grifols override yours.

Once we have responded to your request, Grifols will retain your personal data until the end of the statutes of limitation of any liabilities that may arise, as well as to comply with any legal obligation. 

6. With whom Grifols will share your personal data?
Grifols will share your personal data with the Grifols' group company that may be in the best position to respond your request.

Additionally, Grifols may share your personal data with any other third party in order to comply with any legal obligations.

If Grifols' group companies from countries that do not offer an adequate level of protection access your personal data, Grifols will adopt, if necessary, appropriate safeguards on such international data transfers in accordance with applicable data protection legislation.

You can check the list of Grifols' group companies here.

7. Which are your rights when you provide us with your personal data?
Moreover, at any time, you may withdraw your consent without affecting the data processing carried out before such withdrawal. In order to exercise your rights and withdraw your consent, we would be grateful if you could send your request to together with a copy of your ID or passport in force or any other valid document evidencing your identity indicating as reference "Corporate website - Contact form" and indicating the Grifols' group company where you addressed your request.

In any case, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the competent supervisory authority.


Date of last update: April 2019